Monday, March 22, 2010

The "Meeting" of A Lifetime!

Well, I have made this Blog, so it can be like a journal for my life, so I try to document moments and memories in my life that I think are important. And this is easier to post on this blog, than to write things down in a book, because I can type really fast.

About a week ago, on March 13, 2010, me and my Mom and Dad went out for a normal dinner, to The Little America Hotel, in Salt Lake City, they have a nice restaurant we like to eat at. Well, on the way in to the restaurant, in the middle of the hallway, a bunch of people were standing around blocking the entrance to the restaurant, just talking, seemed to be for no reason. Then when I decided to look closer at the people standing around, I noticed someone very special standing there. The person turned out to be Thomas S. Monson, the Prophet and President of The Church of Latter Day Saints! This is the church I am a member of, and not every member will ever get to meet the Prophet.

So my Mother and I walked up to him and introduced ourselves. My Mom shook his hand, and introduced me to the Prophet, and he noticed how much I liked pink, since my purse was pink, my coat was pink, and the extra coat that I was carrying was pink also. Then because I was holding a few things, he also called me a Pack Horse. I just thought this was funny, I will never forget that he noticed those things about me, and never forget that the Prophet called me a Pack Horse. It was a really neat experience, unfortunately I did not get a photo with him, so I don't have one to post. Just wanted to right this down, and remember the date and all the details, so I never forget, but I don't think I can ever forget that.

2 comments:

joni said...

i remember when you guys called me i thought it was so neat that you all met him i wish i could of. i thought it was really nice of him to shake moms hand to and say those things to you, he is a very nice person!!

Jamie Lynne Brummer said...

Ya, it was very cool to meet him.