Sunday, March 28, 2010

Update on my New Year's Resolutions!

Well it is almost April, so I have been working on my New Year's Resolutions for 3 months now. Here is my update on how I am doing. So far, I have not lost any weight, but I have not gained any weight either. I just recently was able to stop taking the medication that made me gain all the weight, so I should be able to start dropping the pounds soon. It has been hard to get into an exercise routine because my medical problems have not been getting any better.

Lately I haven't been able to get any good quality sleep. The sleeping pills I have been prescribed have not been helping me sleep lately. This had made my depression worse, because I have been in more pain and not able to do things, so it makes me more depressed. My Doctor just prescribed me a new sleeping pill, but a side effect is possible weight gain, so I am not excited about that. But my Doctor says if I can get some good quality sleep, it will help my depression and my pain. Hopefully I can get some good sleep here soon.

I have been drinking a lot more water, which is good for me. Recently I have cut down on Diet Coke a lot. I used to buy bottled Diet Coke with Lime every few days, and I would buy a few bottles at a time. Now I have no bottles in the fridge, I just have some cans of diet coke, in case I get desperate for a drink. If I go out to eat, which we do a few times a week, then I will probably have a drink then. So I have been doing good on that.

I also started going to Church more often. I found a singles ward just 5 minutes away from where I live. I started going 4 weeks ago. Since then, I have been to Church 3 times out of the 4 weeks, which is really good, considering the one week I was sick with shingles, which was horrible and painful. But I am over the shingles now, thankfully.

I think I am doing OK on cursing. I don't curse that often, but there is room for improvement.

I haven't been on any dates yet, but I just started going back to Church and they don't have Family Home Evening, so it is hard to meet people. They have activities, but not very often, but hopefully I can make some friends soon and go on dates as well.

I also have started working for my Brother, Jeff. He sells credit card terminals and salon software, to Beauty Salons. Since he lives in Arizona, I can work for him here, and go to salons here where I live. It has been hard to get started because of my medical problems and because they have been holding me back. My headaches get so intense some days that I can hardly do anything, let alone get out of bed. It is also only based on commission, so I only make money if I can get people to sign up for accounts. But Hopefully this week, I will feel better so I can get out there and go to some more salons.

Well, that is about all that is interesting for right now. Easter is next Sunday, me and my parents thought about going somewhere, but couldn't come up with anything. So probably just me and my Mom and Dad having a nice Sunday dinner together, and that would be about it. Also, my brother and his family are coming up in the middle of April from Arizona, and will be here for about a week. My sister and her family will be coming down from Idaho while my brother and his family are here, and we will get to spend sometime together. All of us have not been together, all of us, for like ever, so I am so excited to see them all together and get to spend some time together. I'll update later when there is more.

No comments: