Thursday, December 4, 2008

First Day of WORK!

Well I did end up getting a job. I now work at the Texas Roadhouse in West Bountiful, Utah. It is great to go back there because they always make you feel like family. Also the good thing is that I did use to work there in Idaho Falls, Idaho, a couple years ago, but for some reason I have a really good memory of weird things. I remembered all of my table numbers, the menu, the computer screen to put orders in. So that really helped me. So yesterday, my first day on the job, they had me follow someone around to make sure I remembered everything. After she waited on the first table, she let me take the second. Everything came back to me, so for the rest of the night, we both waited on her tables, just both making sure they were taken care of. Funny thing to find out about this girl, her name is Jenny Hunt, and crazily enough we went to High School together in Pocatello, Idaho. I was a sophomore when she was a senior. I don't think we really knew each other, but it was cool to find out. At the end of the night management talked with me, said that I did a great job, that I had a good memory, so I am ready to serve tables on my own from now on. So that is good no more training, so now I can make money. The great thing is that this Texas Roadhouse has only been open for like 6 weeks, so I have more experience than almost all the servers there. I am not overconfident, but it is nice to know, that I know what I am doing, more than most of them. I am glad I am back to work, now I can make money and friends and just have fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your gona do great at work, and i'm glad you are back making money and friends. i really want everything to work out for you, have fun and make lots of money, love ya!